Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #28
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by still2slik View Post
This seems to have gotten out of hand. I apologize if i had offended anybody. I understand some people have been tragically effected by DUI's and i feel for your loss. just about a month ago a mother and three daughters were killed due to a DUI. My heart goes out to the hustband/father. I cant imagine what he must feel. His entire family wiped out in an instant.

background: i blew 0.9 while the limit was 0.8. I woke up to go to work and still had alcohol in my system. The officer said, if i had waited 20 minutes, i would have beat the breathalyzer, and its truee, you eventually learn the blood alcohol limits and dolution levels in the `Back on track` program the ontario government makes you take if you have a DUI.

Ever since my DUi i actually stopped drinking all together. last time i drank was 4 months ago for a friends engagement. And the weed comment was a joke, as a first time poster i was trying to be funny and social, in regards to the canadian federal law and society just beginning to legalize marijuana. I understand i may have crossed the line, and i apologize for the insensitivity.

Guys, some people here have assumed the worst of me and already called me names. If you had met me in real life, you would trust me with your house alone. I think you guys need to re-evaluate how you communicate, judge, and put down others. I completely agree with not drinking while driving, but i also agree with not bullying people. As i have recently learned first hand, words affect people more than you may thing. Everyone likes to act strong on the outside. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. A great community i was looking forward to meeting.

P.S. i thought this would have been a very unique and informative post for anyone in a future similar situation as me. Maybe it still can be.

stay safe guys.
Thanks for clarifying. My brothers car was just hit two weeks ago by a drunk driver and he rolled 2 times, fortunately no injuries.

Be safe dude. Try not to be completely blazed and drive as it most definitely affects you and your reaction times. I recently had to have discussions with a friend that gets completely blazed and drives. This friend has tons of assets etc. I kindly explained that they're being a moron, they're no longer 15, and they have a TON to lose. If you want to get blazed that's cool, just don't put someone else's life at risk and your own assets at risk.

Stay safe dude and I hope you continue learning in life!