Old 03-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #119
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Question about the other Autobahns... does everyone get drastically different times depending on when they go? At Allsports and SPK, our times were always pretty consistent no matter the time of the year, but when I'm at Autobahn with my usual couple friends, our times seem to have pretty wild variations. We suspected the cold weather takes a toll on the electric karts?
These are indoor karts so I doubt weather would have so much influence. As always, some karts are better, some are worse, and traffic can influence your times a lot.

Other than, it probably boils down to what do you call "wild" variations.

At Manassas, I did 15 races (including an enduro) after track acid wash that was done around January 30th, and my best lap times were 20.735 to 21.528 s, so that's less than 4% difference. And I am not the most consistent racer.

Before the acid wash my best lap times there were 21.813 to 24.878. but that includes learning the track early and driving in heavy traffic sometimes. League races (so after learning the track and no slow traffic) were 21.813 to 22.806 over 36 races (4.5% difference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
If anyone ever vacations to Ireland, make sure you check out Pallas Karting.
I'll remember that. In April I'm going to race at Buckmore Park in the UK https://www.buckmore.co.uk/
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote