Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,453 Times in 6,159 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
We haven't had cable for many years. Built a Hoverman design antenna for about $10 which, even in our remote location down in a valley with trees all around, pulls in 26 stations including all the usual networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, PBS) in HD. Have given Disney+ as a gift to my inlaws, and we access that once in a while, and still have Amazon Prime and can find stuff there to watch. Mostly, we like to watch movies and our local library has a great selection of bluray discs to borrow for free.

TILTL --- how to single hand a 26' sailboat with main and headsails, tiller, no autopilot of any kind, no roller furler, and no halyards led aft. Once the sails are hoisted, I can sail it myself no problem, but goingto the mast to raise or lower them without someone else at the tiller is really scary unless it's calm... and sailing when it's calm is no fun. Anyone? Is it possible? I figure a car forum where people who love engines hang out is the best place to ask....
Total amateur here, but here is what I would try, assuming you are concerned about the boat getting spun around. Turn the boat into the wind first. Tighten the main sheet, hoist the mainsail, hoist the headsail, let the main sheet out, turn onto your tack. Also assuming you have an engine to get you turned. The idea is that the mainsail will keep your direction stable while you get the headsail up.

I haven't sailed anything much bigger than a sunfish myself, so I may have no idea what I am talking about.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
MuseChaser (09-19-2021)