steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compelica View Post
@steve99 I came across this from @Tor on unbricking ECUs with EcuTek, I'm aware you replied in that thread back then but no reason that this can't be replicated in the same manner with EcuFlash?

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129297

Yes that may work with ecuflash, however ecutek or even brzedit seem to be much better at unbricking ecu than ecuflash. I susoect it the timing of getting ecu into programming mode or the number of times the software tries to access ecu.

I have a bench flash setup for these ecu and with brzedit or ecutek i can flash on bench easily. however with ecuflash its very temperamental and i need to get the ignition on signal and the starting the flash process. On the bench you need to do as tor said ignition on then straight away hit go to flash ,. unfortunalty when ecu os in car ecuflash behaves differently and even working ecu if you try to flash instantly on ignition turn it will fail. So i suspect this technigue wont work with ecuflash when ecu in car.

If you have a tactrix its likely cheaper and easier to buy a secondhand ecu usually less than $100 usa and swap it into car resync security and flash it eith compatable rom.

Last edited by steve99; 12-03-2020 at 07:05 PM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Compelica (12-03-2020)