Old 04-19-2021, 09:14 AM   #19
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc_pat View Post
An advantage of OE coils is keeping the rear camber low and keeping good rotation, hence not needing rear LCA.
If you're lowering the car and tracking it, you probably don't need aftermarket LCAs. I'm lowered 1.25", running -3.5 to -3.9 degrees front, rears are at -2.8 from lowering. Works great at the track.

Quote:
You cannot lower without rear LCA for any track duties as the rear camber curve is way too aggresive and the car will loose all of its playfullness. If you get coils, get rear LCA to dial out some camber; rear cambers kills this car.
B.s. If you're tracking hard you want some rear camber as well as up front. It doesn't "kill" the car, I love dailying mine and tracking it, most fun car I've owned overall.

Quote:
Also, camber plates are a liability and not worth it; its either the low buck camber bolt or full coilover, do not waste time nor cash on camber plates individually.
I'm running Raceseng camber plates up front to get all the camber I need there. While running them with lowering springs and stock struts did not work out that great (not enough strut bump travel) , current setup with Bilstein B8s is working out great, street and track.
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote