View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which oil cooler should I get?

Hi,

So I'm looking to purchase an oil cooler and narrowed it down to either the JDL or Jackson Racing track oil cooler. I thought about the dual radiator cooler unit from JR but prefer the A2O coolers instead since it can get quite hot during the summers here. I'm not too worried about overcooling since a few poster here said the temp reading would be after cooler.

Pros to the JDL unit is that I prefer the mounting location since it's behind the fog light area and not in front of the radiator. Also, it will allow me to rig up ducting through the fog light hole and would be easier to block off the hole.

Pros to the Jackson Racing unit is the thermostatic plate. I like the fact that it has plugs which allows me to run sensors. With the JDL, I'll have to tap somewhere else or purchase the TRD sandwich plate which adds additional costs.

The Jackson Racing unit uses a 915 Setrab cooler while the JDL uses the 619 Setrab I believe. I believe they both have similar cooling capacity so I'm not sure if it matters when considering the cooler. I think the 9 series has less pressure drop but its a small difference between the two so I shouldn't matter. I wish I could get the JR thermostatic plate separately but I don't believe I can.

Which would you guys pick between the two?
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote