View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 06:59 PM   #28
Powersfrs

Drives: Frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Finally had a few sessions, and got to learn about the car.MY best lap was 2:05 at 86 degrees F, and did a few more 2:05s later afternoon as well at 93+ degrees F. I'm guessing I can go lower even in this stock form, but next time I'll likely have the coilovers.

Here is the best lap of the day:

A few remarks
  • Steering wheels locks up a bit in a few areas of the track where there's huge compression. I'm guessing a sway bar could help, but feels like the stock suspension is bottoming out.
  • The hardest thing for me was to concentrate on shifting while fighting to stay on the seat. My helmet was also very close to the roof, and I had to recline a bit to give more headroom. Installing the racing seats should help with this issue.
  • Overall, I was pleased that the high temps were not completely killing the car's performance. I guess I'll always wonder how good stock could to in cold temps; I'll likely have the coilovers next time.
  • I played with the image stabilization settings, and found that all of them create huge panning effect. I turned it off and stabilized it post video, but this takes more time than it should. I'll likely re-enable it next time and cry faul to GoPro community : )
  • This car has great turn in characteristics, and I found myself going full throttle at wrong places with no issues. Part of it might be that I might be over-slowing, but lack of decent power definitely makes this car so easy to drive. I had no issues developing confidence, even in stock form with boat-like lean at times.

I'll have a few weeks of hiatus while we have our overseas vacation, and will get back to installing the coilovers and seats when I'm back. I'd probably have the half roll-cage from Titan motorsports as well by then, and looking forward to seeing if it fits!

I feel the steering lock up on my local canyon as well. What causes it? I’m not rubbing I’ve checked. I’m running 265 falken 615k+. I’m running kw v3.