View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:16 PM   #24
Delmar

Drives: 2013, Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi, sorry for resurrecting a kinda old thread... But has anyone found the issue yet?

I've had the battery of my 2013 BRZ leak twice within the passed 3 months. Had the first battery replaced under warrany after it leaked during autocross and when I had it checked with those fancy tools you clamp onto the battery, I was told the charging system was fine...

The replacement I got leaked 3 months after out the vent hole during a trackday. (Maintenance free battery)

While on the track I plugged in an obd2 reader and was monitoring voltage during a track and if I remember correctly, it never went above 14.5 or (14.2 I think) which is supposedly normal. Had my eyes on the track.
It seems to only happen at high rpm high load scenarios as it didn't leak on the way home from the track, but would always leak when I would go out for a lap on the track... I taped a piece of tissue over the vent hole to confirm that the battery was leaking out of there.

Now I'm thinking if this is still an issue with the alternator even after having it checked and nothing is wrong, OR it is the sensor with the plug on the Negative battery terminal as it is supposed to monitor the battery (?). I'm not completely sure, but I'm stumped right now. not sure also if it's the brand of battery I'm using or if I got a bad battery? But c'mon 2x within 3 months!?! 😪

It's the second time I will be having to clean and paint my engine bay because of the battery fluids leaking and rusting out the car :/

Anyone have an idea what may be wrong?
Delmar is offline   Reply With Quote