Old 01-15-2020, 08:59 AM   #81
Enalband24

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
This process was in the btz\86 service manuals, i have no idea if it eould work with a 2018 wrx as they use a hitaci ecu not a Denso. You would need to get hold of the repair and service manuals and find the swap process

I very much doubt their are eny permanent burnt in error codes or learned values in ecu, ive swapped lots in brz 86 and that sort of thing would cause issues on a swap. I think your ecu either has a hardware issue or you have a hardware or senor issue in car
Steve, thanks for the response and advice. I don't know why I didn't think to check the service manual I have, lol *face palm*

And as for saying I thought the code was burnt in, I didn't mean literally, I just meant I think the ECU is having some internal issues generally. I have a code that is recurring after all related components have been replaced, harnesses checked with multimeter etc. Everything is fine.

Last thing I have to do is just check the signal the ECU is outputting, and compare it to my buddies identical WRX...I suspect the signal will be incorrect in voltage and timing. We'll see...