View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #66
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I sound like a broken record saying this but there has been zero correlation between crickets and ethanol content. Some don't get them and some do regardless of what fuel they are running.
Way back there was a group in Norcal (I think) where 5 of them got the same fuel from the same place at the same time. Three had crickets and two did not.
There have been reams and reams of conversations and data on this topic and the only thing we have learned is that there is not one single common point that applies to everybody. Individuals seem to think they have solved the mystery with their one off anecdotal assessments but overall it has never been solved. Ethanol content may be a factor but is not the factor in if you get them.
It is interesting. Way back I did a road trip and planned my stops around 0 Ethanol gas stations and the crickets went away and stayed away until probably the second tank of "normal" gas once I was back home.

Then I went to the OFT E85 tune a couple years ago now, and the crickets went away as well - to the point that I completely forgot about them. I've just switched back to normal gas for an upcoming road trip where I didn't feel like worrying about finding E85 the whole way. It will be interesting to see if/how long until they return.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote