View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #16
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My 'daily driver' is a 2019 WRX. I debated whether to buy it or wait for the new one. I'm glad I bought the one I did. This WRX prototype strikes me as maybe more 'refined' than the current car, more 'grown up' - but also more bland, not as interesting, more 'generic car' and less rounded and distinctive. Kind of like what Subaru/Toyota are thinking of with the next-gen BRZ/86.

It seems to be the inevitable result of 'design by committee' and the group-think process of 'evolving' a car. Except for Mazda who has done a brilliant job with the Miata keeping it's soul intact, everybody else seems to think a car model has to 'grow up' (= become more bland) as it 'matures'.

But then, my biggest problem with the WRX is the harsh ride. It's fine for short drives, but anything over 2-3 hours, even on relatively smooth highways, and the bounciness and jitteriness starts shaking my fillings out. If Subaru has softened the ride of the new WRX enough for my equally softening butt, it might be the logical choice for a next daily driver. Just not as much personality as the current car.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-01-2020), Vides990 (10-23-2020)