View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 01:55 PM   #16
captain awesome
Wears Pants

Drives: 14 FRS K24 swap - SOLD
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I spent a couple hours tinkering last night. I raised the car up to 13.75" from hub center to fender all the way around, which is an inch higher than my previous setup.

Installed new front bump stops since mine were crumbling away.

Rolled both front fenders for a little more tire clearance, but mainly driver side since that was the only side causing most of the issue.

Installed new Racer X end links. I'm pretty sure the Whitelines I had in the rear were binding and not short enough, probably causing the one to snap. The new ones I could set loose and tighten under load without issue. I feel like that was never possible with the Whitelines.
Carbotechs still have a ton of life left in them, so I'll probably keep running them into next season. I bought the Cobalt XR2 pads from Andrew, so I may throw those on with a new set of rotors for Hallett days or ones with heavy brake usage.

I scheduled an appointment with my tire shop to flip the Re71s and fresh alignment for tomorrow. I was hoping to have enough time messing with the scales for corner balance, but just wasn't in the cards.

Private track day is planned for Heartland this coming Sunday, so hopefully I can pick up some time compared to my last trip.
captain awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to captain awesome For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (08-25-2020)