View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
ToyoburuBRZ

Drives: Black BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Brake Pads and Fluid For DD/AutoX/Track Days/HPDE

I have read countless threads about this stuff but I am still having a very tough time trying to figure out what I actually want/need. From what I understand, pads and fluid are a must.

Little bit of my driving history. This is my first car and this will be my first summer ever pushing it hard. That being said, I was the main driver for my universities FSAE team this past year and have well over 150 hours of driving time in that kind of car over the last 4 years. My autocross time finished 18th of 126 teams at competition last summer (3rd for cars with no aero). So I do know how to push a car and find its limits.

I plan on doing a few autoX's this summer and at least one track day or HPDE. I also daily drive this car.

Ideally, I want some pads that I can use on the street as well the track. Something with very low noise and not a lot of dust. Cost is also big, don't want to spend more than $150 per set.

Finally fluid - there seems to be a lot of options but I see more people recommending Motul.

Your input is valued and thanks in advance!
ToyoburuBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote