Old 07-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #1436
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
Well I had a stressful night last night!

~8PM Izzy was asleep on my lap, then suddenly jolts awake and her whole body is twitching like crazy and this goes on for about a minute. Once it stops I went to put her down and she couldn't stand and just kind of flopped over. Then carried her to my bathroom where she proceeded to puke 4 times and all of her dinner came up. I immediately figured a seizure, and rushed her to the emergency vet. On the 30 min drive she was just staring at me wide eyed and trembling.

Vet was able to see her right away, said all of her vitals seemed normal and didn't have any obvious neurological issues. Then asks if we went for a walk and if saw her eat anything before this happened... at about 630PM we went for a short walk around my condo building but I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. We did however walk past an area where lots of people smoke weed / cigarettes etc.

Vet said "well she mostly likely ate a joint or roach, because she looks REALLY high right now". She was disoriented, and would act all freaked out if you reached out to touch her face. Because she wasn't totally comatose stoned, they figure she ate a very small amount, but because she's so small that is all it would take to have a pretty good reaction.

So we got a $300 emergency vet bill and took her home to sleep it off. As of this morning she is a bit groggy, but walking fine, going to the bathroom fine, and drank some water and ate some breakfast. Currently passed out fast asleep on my lap.

Guess I know where we won't be going on our evening walks anymore!
Just make sure that no shady dogs start hanging around.
Dadhawk (07-28-2022), soundman98 (07-28-2022), wolffbite (07-28-2022)