View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 12:23 AM   #143
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I made an attempt to emulate the PD with an Arduino and CANbus shield but was only able to get the car to respond to it if the car was up to temp and stationary. Not sure how you got around the coolant temp requirement. Is it possible to turn PD on/off while the car is moving? I was so excited when I was able to emulate PD but bummed when I noticed I could only turn it on when the car was stopped. It wasn’t practical to have to get it up to temp and then come to a stop to turn it on.
well the way i got it to work was with a little bit of magic haha. Well at the end of the day i think you could try to reverse engineer the box i made. Although your free to do so, i did spend alot of work getting it to the point is is now. Not sure about the speed things though. Speed is not something that can be faked. Because its coming from the ABS module itself. and it handles the speed signal so not to sure. let me test it out. But i did overcome the RPM/temp limitation though.

But if you think about it this way. your car if off. completely stopped. The moment you start your car. my PD doesn't care about temp or RPM so it engages. If your out in the track and you stall your car, you don't have to switch it to the off position then to the on then to crank. You typically just Crank again. and if your moving while cranking means your car never really goes to fully off. so PD would still be active. Only time i would worry about is if the car completely shuts off for some reason as your still moving. But that would mean there might be something wrong with your car.
ermax (10-29-2019), Tristor (10-29-2019)