View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #13
HachiRokuX

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It is the simplicity and the lines that flow with the rest of the body that I like. I could not look at that melted blob with it's random lines and angles on the later model ones everyday without great disappointment. Not even sure it would grow on me.

Arguing about which shape is "better" is about as silly as it get's anyway since appearance is 100% subjective.

If I had to replace my car with a new one today it would be the BRZ. Not only does the bumper look "better" the price difference between the TRD 86 and the BRZ Limited just doesn't add the value I would expect.

Eh, it’s not any sillier than suggesting someone get the old car without the QOL improvements just because the front bumper looks “better.” The new BRZ did clean up the bumper compared to the older models. That is a fact as it has less cut lines/lights everywhere, plus slightly better daytime safety with the DRLs. It also gets a revised final drive, engine reinforcements etc.

The OP wants the Sachs dampers etc. and I KNOW the 86 bumper is very polarizing, therefore, I recommend the PP or TS BRZ over the new/old 86 in this case. It’s a very conservative and handsome design compared to the 86 which looks very angry and would likely get more attention. The BRZ PP/TS also have a slightly tamer exhaust note than the 86 TRD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HachiRokuX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HachiRokuX For This Useful Post:
Busybee (01-29-2019), Tcoat (01-28-2019)