Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #15
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8inchAzN View Post
With the deals in Canada, leasing is the best option for keepsies.

Leasing and Financing was the same interest rate when I bought mine. @0.9% I'd rather defer as much payment as possible because...0.9%. Though there is a $495 lease paper work, the fact that if I got into a major accident during the lease that significantly decreased the value of the car, I have the option to give the car back at the residual (option is always better than no option). Lastly, if I do give it back or transfer lease, I only paid tax on the depreciation, not the full amount. I would rather lease than finance given the above trade offs.

At the time, there was a $1000 cash incentive which meant the informational rate was I believe 2.64%. That is still fairly low, and like someone else mentioned, I'd rather have my cash in the stock market or for a rainy day.
Those are all valid points. My statement that you quoted was only in reference to people that lease with the intent of buying the car at the end. The actual lease isn't the issue the purchase after the lease ends is. Unless you pay cash you will usually get hit with a higher "used car" rate if you finance after the lease.

Last edited by Tcoat; 02-12-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote