Old 02-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #14
cruzinbill

Drives: Argento 6spd FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stea1thbear View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone, once I have everything purchased and installed I will update this thread with my results. OP will deliver. I personally don't really care about feeling a lot of vibrations from the bass, my main goal is sound quality in terms of clarity and producing results as the artists of the tracks intended them to be heard, I mostly listen to R&B, some of these tracks do have heavy bass but it's not intended to be overwhelming like dubstep. Based on my research so far the plan is:
Since my head unit (already purchased Pioneer 80PRS) has 3 sets of RCA's for low, mid and high I will power a separate channel for lows, mids and highs (So either a 4 channel amp + a 2 channel amp OR a single 6 channel amp OR three 2 channel amps)
Any recommendations would be great. Will spend whatever it costs to power my speakers adequately.

Only running front, no rear, no sub.
- 6.5" with a 3" depth speakers in the doors for lows. Looking for something to minimize my loss of sub bass frequency.
Any recommendations would be great.

- 3.5" with 2" depth speakers in the dash for mids.

- 1" tweeter in the dash for highs.

Will spend up to $600 on all speakers total.

The reason I'm going with those sizes is because I want to minimize any cutting of the stock speaker holes and depth wise that is what we are limited to based on measurements by another forum member. I don't want to order speakers that don't end up fitting. Thanks again.

Your still best of going with the HSK163. Tho you need to factor in an amp for powering them as well. And if you do plan to go active you would be better off going 2 way unless you have the cash for 6ch of amp.
cruzinbill is offline   Reply With Quote