strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstyle View Post
So I kinda understand the idea behind camber. The idea is you tilt the tops of the wheels in or give you better traction. I know cam bolts are literally 1/10 of the price of new camber plates.. what’s the big advantage to getting camber plates as opposed to just getting bolts? Why would I need whole new LCA’s?
Camber plates offer more range, as mentioned -3 is a nice starting point for the front, I'm at -4 right now which you can't get with just bolts, as above suspension choice dictates what you need to do to get an aggressive alignment, lcas aren't necessary to hit -5 if the struts are designed for it.
Also given your planned wheel choice you will be limited by wheel to spring perch clearance when using camber bolts, you will not be able to hit -3 without camber plates or a camber adding top hat like pedders.

The rear is not camber adjustable from the factory, you need adjustable lower control arms to align the rear properly on this car.
This does the job for most people:
https://www.spcalignment.com/compone...tion&pid=67660

Top hats are the plates that mount the damper to the chassis, just another name for them. Camber adjustable top hats might be more proper then camber plates but meh who cares.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Jstyle (04-14-2021), macuser27 (04-14-2021)