elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHK View Post
That looks good!
Although KW V3 are quite a lot over my budget i still would like a coilover system, i'm not gonna mess around with the stock suspension... First of all i don't have much knowledge and/or experience with lowered cars & second: it still has to legal for our roads, and not much is legal here sadly
My advice is: don't cheap out on suspension-parts, save up for a decent coil-over system, you will enjoy the ride more. Springs could be okay but you don't have any adjust-ability, they also tend to wear out the stock shocks faster. And they never seem to go low enough. You will say "if only they went 1cm lower, then it would be perfect"

On my old car (Opel Astra GTC '07) I had a Vmaxx coil-over. Price-quality wise just perfect, but very stiff suspension (driving on 18" wheels and completely bottomed it out wasn't helping either ) and after 4 years one of the shocks just lost all of his oil.

I'm not implying that you have to buy KW's, just saying to stay away from the cheap chinese crap.

Theoriticly all suspension-mods are illegal in Belgium. But thank god it's Belgium because there are loopholes in the law
Just make sure you are high and dry and with a good allignemt when you go for a lowering-inspection (keuring voor verlaagd voertuig / keuring voor wagens na ongeval). you need to be above 11cm officially but above 9.3cm is also okay. But I Recommend to be as high as possible otherwise they will scrape your vehicle.

Quote:
Think i should go with the STA XTA's then! for their "tweakability"
I'm still young so if i have to give in a little comfort i don't mind as long as my stuff in the car isn't hitting the roof on a bumpy road then i'm all good :p

Thx for the reply!

Grtz
I find This thread about them.
They appear to be comparable to the KW V2's with camberplates.
The big difference between the ST's and the KW's is that the ST is zinc coated where the KW is inox. Meaning that the ST's are prone to rust easilier.
That's also the reason why they are cheaper.

I think they are comparable to stock setup. The biggest change in a 'harder' ride is going to be when you change from 17" to a 18" wheel.
The Following User Says Thank You to elBarto For This Useful Post:
JoeHK (06-23-2014)