Old 01-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #195
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
I feel like if Toyota would've said that this is the next gen FR-S,this car would've knocked it out of the park,but to call it a Supra,well I just think it's a mistake. Part of the problem is that who is Toyota actually trying to sell this car to? No enthusiast really wants an underpowered(questionable) overpriced automatic. Not even a dual clutch either,or at least I've not heard anyone say that it's a dual clutch.The only people that I can see buying this car are clueless women,that have owned cars such as TT's,S2000s,Z3s,Z4s(btw,Google BMW Z4 and see what pops up),Nissan Zs,etc.

Only other people that will buy this car are collectors that think it's going to be some sort of collector's item,and Youtubers/car reviewers that feel like they have to buy it.

I have a strong feeling that this car might go down as one of,if not the most disappointing cars of the entire decade.I just feel like the Supra that no one asked for. Had they made it look more like the FT-1 that they originally showed off,maybe enthusiasm would be higher,but as I see it,there's quite a bit of disappointment right now.
@Guff See I told you! Only women want ATs.
Nobody that drives an At can be an enthusiast. It just isn't possible. The people that are "disappointed" are not the ones that would (or in many cases could) buy it anyway. Most of the complaints are the same as when the 86 came out. This is almost EXACTLY what they said they were building all long so why are so many surprised it doesn't meet their own personal ideals?
Dadhawk (01-15-2019), Guff (01-22-2019), Irace86.2.0 (01-15-2019)