View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #17
bucketfoot

Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
The current Corvette has 19" and 20" rims and uses runflats.
Keep in mind that the C8 was designed to use runflats, along with the fact that very few of these will ever be daily drivers that see bad road conditions on a regular basis.

Also the trend for larger wheels is all about appearance. Multiple tests have shown that 17" wheels offer the best performance. And yes a 15" or 16" will given a better ride than a 17" as there is more dampening which makes the overall suspension softer.

You probably already know this given what you are asking, but tires are a huge part of your suspension.

I wish I could give you direct BRZ/86 feedback (actually I'm not as given my past experience I would not consider runflats for my use), but the physics are basically the same. It is extremely common for people to want to get rid of their runflats. I'm sure people have done it, but I have actually never heard of anyone changing to runflats.

That said, I'll again say that they do seem like a reasonable option for your usage. I'd recommend 17" wheels, but that and $3 or so will buy you a cup of coffee

Last edited by bucketfoot; 10-01-2021 at 05:24 PM.
bucketfoot is offline   Reply With Quote