weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
Yep. I don't have ready access to a large patch of property to do much plinking, pretty much have to go to the range and plink at paper and clay birds. The problem has been the periodic runs on ammo. After the last one I bought about 6k rounds of Federal automatch for my Ruger MKIII for shooting steel challenge stuff.

@TommyW.

I bought several bricks of target ammo for the Annie - her "refined palate" doesn't like the taste of common stuff. At the same time I picked up a pretty good stash of 9mm ball, 45 ACP ball, and cheap .223 for the 5.56 AR. The rest I handload for.

I find handloading to be really meditative. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it.
Oh man the struggle to find ammo. It's the worst. It took me 6mo to stockpile some .45 and .380 for my pistols. My go-to has been luckygunner.com for ammo (no I'm not a bot lol). Locally it's damn near impossible unless I wanted to pay an extra $10-20 over msrp or what it used to run.

I miss plinking. I had a Ruger 10/22 when I was a kid with the long banana magazine and boy it was a blast! But we also had enough land for it to be safe.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (09-28-2021), NWFRS (09-28-2021)