View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #2526
aemravan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got done sooner than expected. And they fit.

I think I went overly aggressive on rolling the quarters, other than it making it look less poked out, I don't think it gave me much additional clearance and the rears do not rub the quarters much, if at all.

I did have to cut a little/grind flat where the back bumpers meets the quarter. I took off about 3/8" from the bumper lip itself, and cut out a bit of the bumper bracket inside of the wheel well, this was the only point of actual contact which maximum suspension flex.

I found it difficult to roll the quarters ALOT to make look nice because it started to "bacon" the lip (I think this is caused by the fact that there is an inner and outer sheetmetal skin that is welded at the arched- as you try to flare out the outer, the inner doesn't move and causes a buckling effect, not too terrible from a couple of feet away, but definitely far from perfect, may take on some PDR later to try and flatten/even out the issue).

The front fenders rolled like butter. After rolling the lip flat I carefully went around and pulled the fender a bit my hand as well. The front wheels fit better than expected. There is some slight rubbing on the fender liner at about 75% turn in either direction but that is expected.

I don't know what my current camber is at, but do know the rear is significantly more than the front. I'll work on verifying that with a home method before it goes in for a final alignment as I think the rear camber can go a little more positive and the front may be able to go a bit more negative.

Final note on fitment with an 18x9.75 +20 rear and 18x8.75+20 front: Poke fitment (but not in a terrible way and i think it looks great)
With coilovers and a bigger drop (maybe another .5" in the rear and .75" in the front) it and more negative camber, it MAY tuck away to a more of a "flush" fitment.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

aemravan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aemravan For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (05-23-2020)