View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #11
texastwurkt3am

Drives: '17 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslack View Post
The 17 BRZ head unit is horrendous. And the speakers aren't much better. Blue tooth took upwards of a minute to connect if that quick. So I replaced head unit and all speakers in the car and added a 12 inch sub in the back. sound deadened the car and it sounds much better. I just added the JL audio TWK 88 and now sounds even better that I can tweak each speaker individually. The only down side right now is the Kenwood ddx9904s just doesn't fill the whole opening. I know Carbon Car Systems in Australia does sell the trim ring for the aftermarket radio. http://carboncarsystems.com.au/shop/...rz-facia-2017/
here is that link. Not sure if 130 plus shipping is worth it if I can do some playing around with ABS myself.
I'll most likely definitely swap out the HU and throw in some RCA cables while I'm in there, see how the speakers are, and add a sub or two. It's a shame too because I used to be able to abuse the crap out of the one in the '13 and it took it like a champ. Half of my initial drive home was spent configuring the radio instead of just enjoying the drive home, and I still wasn't satisfied with the result
texastwurkt3am is offline   Reply With Quote