View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #7
Wrecky_Flowers_

Drives: '02 S2000; '22 GR86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Racecomp Engineering Superstreet-1 Coilovers

I couldn't stand how unsettled and cruddy the low-speed ride was around town from the moment I bought this car, unlike my old BRZ, so coilovers have been part of the plan from day 1. Since this is primarily my daily, I prioritize ride comfort as much as handling performance, so a lot of the more track-focused options got scratched off the list pretty early on. Longevity and quality were also considerations, given the mileage I put on the car daily. I've been running KW Clubsports on my S2000 for years now and have had nothing but good experiences with them, so naturally my original intent was to run something by KW on this car.

I hadn't heard of Racecomp Engineering until I bought my first BRZ and joined this forum. Once I heard they sell purpose-built coilovers for these cars based on KW components, the decision to go with a set of their Superstreet-1 was an easy call to make. I considered their Tarmac 2, but I didn't feel the extra adjustability and stiffer rates made sense for a daily driver. The SS-1 let you adjust rebound which is more than enough for me. That, plus the included lowering front camber plates and the attractive price point made this an easy decision for me.

I love the quality of the tophats and strut/shock assemblies - typical KW! I don't mind so much that you can't adjust caster with these hats, as I prefer lower caster anyways. The rubber-sealed pillowball topmount is a nice touch too. I get the impression that these will last a good long while as long as I keep them wiped down and don't slam the car.
Wrecky_Flowers_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrecky_Flowers_ For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (11-08-2022)