Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Try leaving the spare and accompanying junk in the trunk. Cheaper than a wing and gives "downforce" on the rear. Also, I haven't done it, but the pedal dance might help because it will turn off the e-differential. In the end, the light rear end is a blessing because, on every single sweeper, we get to play with steering by throttle. You can also stay in a gear higher than optimal. This will limit your torque and make throttle control easier. An upgraded LSD should help, too. I think a wing is a later mod, not an earlier one.

Try going into a corner too fast. You'll understeer, at least at first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
Hmm havent though about adding weight and seeing what the differences are, I will try it out next time just to get an idea at least.

For the pedal dance, I have been doing it, I dont think the electronics would allow for so much slip angle even in "off" mode.

I wouldn't recommend leaving the spare + junk in the trunk. That won't help and could make things worse. Back in the day Gary Sheehan in USTCC with his WRX put all of their series required ballast in the trunk initially with the thinking of making the car less front heavy biased. The result was excessive oversteer city. Eventually they moved it to the center of the car for a lower polar moment of inertia. Much more stable.

A little rear toe in would be where I'd start, maybe a little more rear camber as well. Sticky-ish tires on soft stock suspension wants a lot of camber.

- andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
dp1 (06-06-2016), Icecreamtruk (06-06-2016)