View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #30
BRZHarley

Drives: 69 Firebird, 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok.

For those who are interested this my review of the Speedfactory Braille kit...

1st the battery is a lead acid product that is compatible with our charging systems. A big win...

2nd the hold down components are very nice except for the battery tray, it is pretty cheap and thin...

Installation is straight forward no need to modify anything... I did reroute the accessory 12 on the main terminal..

Now for usage... I daily drive in good weather so the car has set for several days at a time without starting problems ... I don't run any electrically intensive accessories on my car, completely factory. Now this battery will not sustain long periods in accessory mode with the engine off! I was at a car show in July and had my left my car in accessory for nearly an hour and the battery struggled to start the engine... No jump or charging was required.

Overall I'm very pleased with the setup and recommend the kit for those who don't want to fab there own hold down. The battery itself can be had from any source including Amazon. The dollar per pound lost is better than other mod I've done to date...

Ed
BRZHarley is offline   Reply With Quote