Old 06-01-2021, 10:58 AM   #2112
Blighty

Drives: WR Blue Pearl 2022 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
It's evolving, all over the place, and really isn't a short list.

Primarily at this point I'm waiting to see if any of the "low roof" EV options everyone keeps promising come to fruition in the next 12 to 36 months. I'm also looking at this from the prospective of it being a car I may keep into retirement.

Some of it will also depend on whether I replace the 86 or our Suburban first, both of which have almost the same number of miles on them and neither have been very problematic to this point (I'd drive either from Georgia to Oregon today with no concern).

I want to see what the Silverado and Tahoe EVs look like but those are a couple of years out. The Ford Lightning doesn't have the range I would want in an EV, and well, its a Ford.

Also, with used car prices jacked way up, some of the options on my list are stupid money (last gen CTS-V for example, which are selling right now for almost the price they were when new).
What do you want to use the car for? Since you seem pretty intent on going EV then understand that there will be substantial improvements made over the next 10 years. So research the heck out of that shit and I wouldn't recommend entering into the market until at least 2025 if you could possibly avoid it.

The likelihood of getting a lemon EV is going to be high (well higher than normal anyway) for some time.
Blighty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blighty For This Useful Post:
bcj (06-01-2021), Dadhawk (06-01-2021)