Old 05-12-2023, 07:11 AM   #59
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,188 Times in 3,475 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Are you really this obtuse all of a sudden or just siding with the alleged "engineer" because he is saying what you want to hear?

When the wheel rotates mud, sand, and stones can stick to it. As you pick up speed the centrifugal force will eventually overcome the adhesion and they will fling off. They can do that at any point in the rotation. A surprising amount will fly forward and down with some serious velocity. The corner of the rocker below the front of the wheel well liner is ungiving metal. If nothing protects it then it will eventually (some times rapidly depending on where you live) get blast like a sand blaster. This leads to rust and structural damage. The rubber or plastic can absorb the impacts without degrading as quickly as solid steel protecting your rocker corner. You are not fucking protecting the wheel from splashes you are protecting the rocker from the wheel. In most of the real world this is a very important feature but I get that Californians and Hawaiians are confused by such things.

You saw the fucking picture I posted of mine do you think I packed crap in there on purpose? Do you think almost every manufacturer that calls it a shield or guard had a translation issue? For that matter do you truly think that the top automotive manufacturer in the world farms out their tech writing to some almost illiterate translator? Are you really that gullible?

Yes the little rubber flap will have a slight aero effect but that is not the only or even main purpose.

I swear people on here are getting fucking stupider every day.
Erm.. May I ask? Did someone nick your splatter guard?
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
blsfrs (05-12-2023), WNDSRFR (05-12-2023)