Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
Yikes, must be the mic or something. Headphone listener here and this is just awful sounding. High pitched, no bass or burble. No character. Like a Honda without the nice Vtect sound at the top range. Is it loud in the car? Is there bass that im missing with the videos??
Well, being an EL, it isn't going to have that deep, "boxer rumble." Personally I think it sounds okay up to around 4,000 RPM. After that, it's definitely tinnier than I'd like. I think the cheap, $30 microphone I was using also didn't do all that great a job of picking up the deeper notes. For example, in the car, there is a bit of deeper resonance/drone around the 3,000 mark, but you don't really hear that at all in the video. Having said that, it isn't low and burbly like an AMG exhaust, but I haven't really heard any exhaust for this car that can do that without also being way louder than what I'd want.

All that being said, I thought it sounded OK on my headphones. This setup is actually a bit rumblier down low than I had expected it to be.

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote