View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:31 PM   #54
OwlDance

Drives: Halo 86, '19
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm not going to address every point here because we can devolve to endless minutia but at this point there's nothing more I can say without rinsing and repeating. You can ignore everything everyone's provided reasonable and sound evidence - and I guarantee that the collection of people's anecdotes are far more reliable than anything you're spouting when your anecdotes don't hold a shred of empricism compared to anything else, and seem more like chasing clout than wanting to share information for the sake of the community.

This thread is derailed to shit and everyone's pointed out more or less everything within arm's reach of the platform citing how oil cooling is more or less necessary from aftermarket and otherwise and that running without it is nothing more than a gamble. (Which I've said at least twice in my posts by now, so there)

While we're talking about track day oil temperatures the FA24 uses straight connecting rods instead of the offset ones of the FA20, the japanese site I saw cited the reason for this being lubrication problems. Now I don't know if they changed the oil galleys from the FA20 but we might certainly see less issues with bearing failures with a symmetrical rod design, where oil cooling may be less necessary to maintain adequate lubrication from the system. That's what I'm most interested in seeing as that's sort of the biggest difference in the engine off the top of my head (barring displacement), but in my research I haven't really found much reasoning behind using offset connecting rods to begin with.

I'm not really worried about the car's longevity on track however, simply because this platform already has vested banks of knowledge regarding how to protect it that I'm certain a lot of it will carry over. 600$ for an oil cooler isn't exactly a bad investment to guarantee more or less safe power production near indefinitely, aside other standard track consumables. Savagegeese might overblow some things but I think that his original videos were well warranted and highlighted clear issues clearly (with pressure and temp readings and UOAs which are fairly empirical.) Just my 2c, I think the next gen engine will be plenty robust and it won't be anything to worry about with only one small modification.
OwlDance is offline   Reply With Quote