strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Was talking to a buddy and he is saying we should also look at the Genesis 2.0T, C5, WRX, and 2011-2014 5.0 Mustang's.

What is your thoughts? Would you do the FRS/BRZ again?

-Krawl
All of those are >300 lbs heavier then the 86. More money on tires, more money on brakes and pass on dealing with the Mustangs live axle or the Genesis chassis or maintaining a 20 year old Chevy with mini van interior. WRX might make sense for an all out no holds barred time attack build if you want to spend tens of thousands of dollars, and there's no replacement for displacement but I like turning more then going in a straight line.

Might as well throw E36/E46 M3 into the above list as well.

Keeping the initial purchase price <$15k the chassis I'd consider instead are MR2's, Boxsters, Miatas, RX8. All of those are harder to add power then the 86 and are older and less practical with the exception of the RX8 which I would probably want to engine swap if I was dedicated to the chassis enough which bleh not worth the effort. I've only got one vehicle, it's my DD, FRS is good compromise no ragerts. 8th gen Civic Si or an Acura (double wishbone ftw) might make sense though, easy to turbo the K motor add an LSD aero suspension and go party.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote