Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #1035
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1ca View Post
I dropped my '13 BRZ off yesterday for the recall and cancelled order on SC until I put 5000 miles and conduct a few oil analysis. After reading all these posts, I met with the service manager and expressed my concerns regarding this issue beforehand. He shared with me how corporate originally instructed him to have two or three people work on these recalls. This manager said "no way", and insisted that only one well qualified mechanic work on it from beginning to end, as he thought the problems were related to less qualified, jr mechanics. They have had over 19 recall work come through dating back several months. So far nothing has come back. Further, I politely revealed to the service manager that I would conduct oil analyses for the next few oil changes. He said he thought that was a good idea. He is a great guy and I feel assured he will take care of me and make things right should something happen. Just wanted to pass this on
Yep. Some dealers are far better than others. We don't normally hear about the good ones though!