Old 01-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #12
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniepster View Post
Well you've used the link for the Cup 2 R's which are softer than the normal Cup 2's. Doesn't Toyota recommend 35 psi on the stock 17 inch wheels? I guess i'll just be starting out with 34 hot and go from there...
34-36psi hot, you'll be fine...

Quote:
I was hoping someone here had some experience with these particular tyres so I'd know how they handle in hot weather (it gets close to 100 F here in Bucharest) and adjust pressure accordingly
No one is going to be able to tell you what is "optimal" for your car on your track(s). Without further research on Cup 2 (non-R) vs. R, I'm sticking with 34-36 hot as a good place to be...

Again, there is going to be a quite broad range of pressures that will work fine without making a huge impact on lap times. The absolute sensitivity of lap times to hot pressures is going to be quite low as long as you're within that broad range. Being a little on the high side is generally going to be safer, give reduced rolling resistance on the straights, will produce less heat, give longer tire life, and feel better in transitions vs. being on the low side.

34-36 hot, you'll be fine...
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (01-18-2021), Sniepster (01-22-2021)