Mike_ZN6

Drives: 2016 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Maybe check Brembo or Project Mu. Some other manufacturers ya know

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
I'm sure other companies make rear BBK fitments that might keep the bias correct with the front WRX Wilwood Dynapro kit, but they are all significantly more expensive. Wilwood even makes a 4R rear kit specific for the twins but it is $1,700+. The Wilwood Dynapro kits we were discussing are about $1,000 each. Front and rear BBK for $2,000 is a lot more appealing and affordable than $3,500+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Mike_ZN6: there is less need to have also BBK rears, as most braking (thus also heat generated and wear happening) is done by fronts. No wonder Essex for their APR sprint & endurance kits for twins went with front-only route, to keep high quality, but reasonable budget.
Also i'd be careful with fitting rears from other kits, as most BBKs that have both fronts and rears, more often are made with trying to retain bias only when working in full set, less looking to ensure that both front will work with stock rears, and rears will work with stock fronts.
If you absolutely must have BBK rears, consider some full kit. There is one by APR, there is one by Willwood especially for twins. Few others. Problem being, that cost/budget skyrockets unreasonably. Better stick with fronts-only BBK, that works well with stock rears.
I know you don't need the rear BBK for thermals, I'm more interested in a rear BBK for the lighter 2-piece rotors. I think the Wilwood 6R/4R kit designed for the twins is probably the way to go. That is the most affordable matching front/rear BBK setup and probably one of the lightest, too. Those WRX Wilwood Dynapro calipers are an amazing deal, it is too bad they don't have a rear we could use.
Mike_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote