View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #50
BlueWhelan

Drives: 2013 Blue Subaru BRZ. 6 Spd manual
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
Honestly. Is stock suspension really that good for DD? If we want to stay on OEM components there is only so much we can do beside modifying OEM parts physically.

If your reasoning is to retain stock height for clearance, going to a flex-z or ST or Kw entry level coils set at stock height, I can pretty much guarantee you will have a better ride than stock. The reason why I say this is because I've tried all three i mentioned above and they all ride better than stock.. lol

OEM is not the best for compliance, no argument there. However, the biggest variable for me is also the one you're leaving out...cost. Alas, funding other life events comes first. When the time comes I'll put some money down, though I'd rather get an OS Giken than coilovers personally.

Also, let me clarify that I wouldn't recommend removing the rear bar on OEM springs. To that degree I totally agree with you that more spring in the rear sans a SW would work just fine. It would also help the rear Torsen by keeping the rear independence.
BlueWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote