Old 08-30-2015, 05:28 AM   #34
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
This was with AC on, its pretty hot lately but the difference isn't really that bad with it off or on

Lol just when I thought it wasn't really a tune situation. Not sure why things were setup this way but its clear its tune related. I'm using 93 oct and usually get it from the same station. This is a remote tune, I wish I could have done a dyno tune. I don't really have many options down here, any advise would be greatly appreciated. I'm on ecutek at the moment.

That's the thing, I was noticing the IAM going a little crazy and that fluctuation is what I probably felt and attribute it to the heat. I wanted to go full time closed loop and that's the reason we started calibrate the WB to read on ecutek custom map O, my tuner was working on it but we never got back to it. Some say its not good in case the wideband fails but then again I think a simple(maybe not so simple) failsafe to prevent from a bad reading or too lean of a condition would be enough. The stock 02 could also go bad just as likely as the wideband in my opinion.

I sent my tuner these same logs and hopefully he's able to pick up what most of you guys are saying. I'd like to give him a chance as I never revised my tune after changing to my GTX28 from a smaller precision. Not really sure how much that could be at fault but im hoping its the case.

I really appreciate your help and feedback if you'd like me to log any parameters and events please let me know. I really just want this thing to drive normal but mostly safe. I'm surprised how the car feels so good at times, like I had mentioned this is probably when all is nice cool which points back to my ignorant assumption it was all a "heat" thing.

Tagging Mike to see if he could shed some light on the subject @moto-mike
You changed turbo without a retune?