-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh god I can't keep up!
I gave up, every few months I check the market to see if there's anything interesting and then move on with my life. It's not worth it and the market doesn't actually move that fast with only 3-4 real updates per year worth knowing (which you'll hear about without much effort, like this thread) and at this point half of them don't actually have much impact.

Apple adopting a standard wireless charging standard may be cool and pan out in a few years. Imagine tossing your phone on the table at whatever coffee shop or casual restaurant of choice and getting a bit of charge out of it. No wires while you're on the go, no outlet searching, just a ubiquitous spread of surfaces to charge your devices. The tech was around years ago (Nexus 4 in 2012 was the first device I saw with it, Kia has a charging surface as an option in their cars now) but with Apple adoption it could push it more mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Just don't ever update it. Used to update all my iphones and they would eventually develop problems and not even last the length of the contract (2 years). I stopped updating with my current iPhone 6, and I mean not a single update since I bought it, and it's still performing the same as when it was new.
I remember with my 3G I held out until Apps stopped working which was only a 3-4 months after the update came out, I think that's changed over the past ~5+ years as apps strive to be backwards compatible and hardware has gotten better so yeah, I'll hold off on updates if I get an iPhone SE.

One positive to Android, they don't bother supporting devices long enough for the OS/apps to outpace the hardware!
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote