NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniepster View Post
Maybe some might see this as a laughable non-issue. But for those who track the car (like me) with a non-baffled stock pan, oil levels are worrying if too high.

I'll be syphoning some oil out as i just don't feel confortable with the amount in the pan currently. Thank you everybody for the inputs.
I track my car, and even with the oil on the full mark when hot, I get oil starvation on high G corners. The crank is about 4 inches higher then the OEM windage shield, it is no where near the oil level. Not to mention at high RPM's boxers tend to trap a lot of oil in the heads and have poor drain back. The oil that is pumped into the heads runs down into the timing cover and drains back into the sump from there in a passageway between the timing area and the upper pan assembly.

If you look at what an accusump does, it dumps quarts worth of extra oil into the system during an oil pressure drop. The few ounces you are over is fine.

High G oil starvation, about 4000-4200rpm. Street car on 200TW tires, 5psi.
Attached Images

Dzmitry (03-26-2021), SCFD (03-28-2021), soundman98 (03-26-2021), Ultramaroon (03-26-2021)