Old 11-15-2019, 08:13 PM   #636
Suparu

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePower View Post
Thank you, good sir.
You’re welcome. I took the rear deck shelf cover back off and snapped some pics while I was at it. You’re probably already good from the last post’s link but here’s mine, it’s in the 3rd picture. If you zoom in you can see the squished up foam weatherstripping I put under it. You’ll see some foam sticking out of the left of that black box too, I cushioned the whole area. It was a bit of a pain getting the black box and it’s bolt back into place cuz it was snug. But once it was bolted back in, there was no problem getting the rear deck shelf’s carpeted cover back on.

That black box + it’s metal clip + bolt were the major source for me... then to a lesser extent the weld spots throughout the entire rear deck shelf area were partially responsible. Even the white plastic clips that are seated in the metal, directly behind the rear seat (they can be seen in the 2nd pic and one of them can be seen in the 3rd pic, bottom center of the pic) they were a problem too lol.

The car got quieter with each issue I addressed, allowing me to hear quieter noises I couldn’t hear before cuz they were quieter in comparison. It was a wild goose chase for a few weeks. Which is why I ended up Dynamat’ing it to absorb resonance from the metal, that was probably overkill though.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...9&postcount=27

Last edited by Suparu; 11-15-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Suparu is offline   Reply With Quote