soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
About a month ago I stopped by the Nissan dealer near work just to see if they knew when the new Z would be coming in so I could check it out (not buying just curious).

You can imagine my surprise when the sales guy's response was "There is a new Z coming out?"
that's quite normal actually. sales staff don't worry about selling what doesn't exist on their lot, or in que to to show up to the lot.

just before the hellcat released, my brother was in the process of changing dealerships for service. he said he saw both dealers react the same way-- guy's coming in 8-12 months before there was even an official build start date for the vehicle, looking to drop $10-40k to "get on the list" for a car there was no official dealer communication for.

in both cases, that was how the dealers knew the vehicle was going to happen, there was no official acknowledgement in even an email to the big-shot dealership owner from dodge that the vehicle existed until allocations opened up 3 months before production.