weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmo View Post
Weederr, how much emphasis do you put on stretching or yoga? I used to stretch after every home workout and then do yoga on the rest day at the local gym inspired by female yogasuits, but that ended 18 months ago with the restrictions.
Stretching is important. More when someone is older (idk how old you are) since range of motion is crucial to exercise. I know there are trainers out there that go on and on about how you don't need to stretch. I call BS. If you get into a squat and can't go down or it's 'uncomfortable' then you are probably tight. If you find yourself feeling out of balance or unable to move through what should be normal ranges, you need to stretch.

As for yoga, eh it's not my thing. I did acro yoga a few times with a girl I liked. Otherwise if you enjoy it, you can get quite a bit of stretching. I would not call it exercise however.... But then again, as our wonderful race instructor on the Brembo thread called me, I'm a gym rat.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Atmo (09-13-2021), Dzmitry (09-20-2021), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (09-13-2021), x808drifter (09-14-2021)