View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #29
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm just gonna put it out there as I've found this to be one of the hardest things for clients over the last 8 years:
ROUTINE!

If you don't have a routine you will undulate and wonder and then eventually fall off. Yes diet is extremely important, more-so than exercise to a degree, but routine is how our bodies thrive. Even the smallest 'eh maybe I'll do a little less today.' or 'I'm just not feeling it' can impact your success. God forbid you throw in a random 'cheat meal'. Which I HATE that term. I call it a reward for hard work and success, but you can't just down a whole pizza.

Also no you don't need the hipster workouts or the bro shit where you think you need to be in the gym every single day. 3-5 days is enough as long as you're hitting everyone major muscle group 2x a week. If you wanna lose weight, deadlifts and squats are your friends. Not bicep curls and bench press; even if that's your main goal. Along with ample amounts of cardio. If you aren't a cardio bunny, weights are fine. I always try to throw in 1-2 days of cardio.

Obviously everyone takes exercise a different way so whether your into strength training and heavy lifting like I am, or like the HIIT or booty-camp classes, you will find your match. Just gotta experiment. It's always good to start with SMART(S) goals:
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant
Time-based
*Safe
I add safe as that's a grey area where one guy thinks sit ups are bad for you while another thinks they are perfectly fine.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Atmo (09-13-2021), Cephas (09-14-2021), Dadhawk (09-13-2021), Lantanafrs2 (09-13-2021), NoHaveMSG (09-13-2021), Spuds (09-13-2021)