strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,480 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
If you've noticed over the past few months and videos, he's become less curmudgeon-like. Almost like that angsty teenage hormone rebellion charachter is giving way to a more nuanced worldview, approach and presentation.
Probably a function of his relationship with the cars he reviews now and what seems to be the goal of becoming a more serious reviewer (calling someone's car trash is a good way to piss off the wrong people). They're press cars, not a depreciating wad of cash he blew and has to live with for a few years. He shoveled on the shit for his M3 recently.

Part of why every review is basically 'great car, here's half a dozen nitpicks' is because when you spend only a few days/hours it's hard to develop overly strong feelings. Dude lived with an 86 for nearly three years, he took it apart and put it back together with his own hands more times than half this board put together. I'd be disappointed if he didn't develop any feelings for the thing and it'd be pretty boring review.

If nothing else I'll watch his reviews on cars I'm interested in because he puts the damn thing on a lift and points out all the stuff that everybody else just reads off the spec sheet. Yeah you have to take it with a grain of salt (or lack thereof while I live in California) but aside from Edmunds I haven't seen anybody else consistently take a look at what's 'under the hood' and that really is worth something if you're ever thinking of having a car for a long time and doing your own work/modifications.

strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-08-2017), Impureclient (02-08-2017), Mr.Impreza (02-09-2017)