Old 10-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #96
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Even the V160 typically fails regularly once you are north of 600wtq on the MKIV Supra. The drag cars making 1000+whp are not using anywhere near stock components. Many of them use transmissions that can buy a whole new MKV Supra and then some.

The Supra's trans can't hold 550wtq in higher gears. Likewise, a Hellcat's trans can't hold 700wtq in higher gears.

a 550wtq supra will be faster than a 700wtq hellcat though.
I looked it up. The SS/ZL1 and Mustang GT all use the same 10 speed auto. I didn’t see anything about them changing the internals for the ZL1, which means a Camaro SS and Mustang GT has a transmission that is at least capable of handling 650tq like the ZL1.

With that said, those pony cars still don’t track well? The can track well. You mean not repeatedly?

I guess I’m trying to ask is the Supra cut from the same cloth as these pony cars. All I hear from reviews is that the steering is not as sharp as the 86 and the ride is not very inspiring. Visibility is poor like a Camaro. It makes me wonder if the MKV is a new highway queen, drag style Supra. The shorter wheelbase was meant to give it better handling, but did they miss the mark? Is the Supra closer to a high hp 86, or is it closer to a light weight pony car?