View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #12
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I find it hilarious when people refer to the twins as "basic, analog cars"!
It has power and computer controlled everything compared to a real basic, analog car.

Here are some REAL basic analog cars I used as daily drivers

Ok. Maybe I should rephrase. Basic and analog for a modern car. No lane departure warning, no laser cruise control, no push button start, no bullshit. Mine also no longer has direct injection and has a pushrod V8. You’re a little older than me so the cars we’re fond of might be a bit different. My first car was a 93’ Volvo station wagon, so I’ve got a thing for wagons. Nice pics BTW.

I can appreciate older cars but their biggest downfall to me is the twins biggest pro. Ergonomics, I’ve never sat in another car where everything feels like it’s just in the right position and meant to fit a wide variety of people. Sometimes I lust after cars like old 911’s till I actually sit in them. The seating position, pedal placement etc. is all horrible. Maybe I’d have a restomod one day with a Tilton pedal box. I enjoy driving too much to sacrifice proper pedal placement to look cool.

My Manx is as basic as a car gets though. It definitely brings you back in time.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrabTheWheel For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (03-03-2020), Tcoat (03-03-2020)