Old 02-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #21
Pinoy_FRS

Drives: Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vehicle Mileage: ~105xxx

Vehicle Make: Scion

Mileage After Recall Performed: ~500

Symptom(s): About 30 minutes into driving the same day I picked up my car after the recall service was preformed my check engine and slight light came on. Car was driving sluggish in the higher rpms. Brought it back and turned out to be a bad oil control valve.

Got my car again and drove it for about two weeks. One day driving home on the highway I downshifted from 6th to 5th and hear this huge clanking noise. As I was pulling over the car slowly dies on the side on the highway. Couldn’t get it to start so I called a tow. As I was waiting I tried to start it and it turned over but there was a very loud knock coming from the motor. Immediately shut it off and that was the end of that.

Failure: Complete engine failure (spun rod bearing)

State: NY

Dealership Offering Repair: Yes, my service advisor told me whatever happened to my engine was catastrophic and that I did have a spun rod bearing as I predicted prior to talking with him before. They explained how they couldn’t relate my engine failure with the recall service but the the incident was so close to when I had my car serviced that Toyota offered me a new short block with installation as well as a loaner for the time being (~3-4 weeks)
Pinoy_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote