Grateful Dave
2nd 86 member

Drives: 2013 Asphalt AT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc209 View Post
Who told you that?

As far as I can tell from the Bilstein website the B6 shock can be used down to a maximum is 30mm drop in ride height over the OEM. The B8 are recommended for a drop of 30mm - 50mm over OEM.

Also, It appears the B6 and B8 shocks have the same valving and therefore it would be best to get the B6s and re-valve them for the spring you intend to fit - if required as they are designed for a moderate rate increase over OEM springs.

I quite fancy the RCE yellows with the B6 dampers, though the Koni dampers are adjustable which might be nice for road/track use and I have no idea what spring rates the compression damping is set for. I suspect a compromise between rock hard and OEM.

Source:

http://www.bilstein.de/en-uk/product...-service/faqs/
Thanks, I've been corrected.
Still the TRD lowering springs only lowered 25.4mm (1") in the front and 19.05mm (.75") rear. I installed the correct shock, the B6 over the B8. The ride is great. It has been refined from OEM, firm not marshmallowy or stiff. The Bilstein shocks with the TRD Lowering Springs are Awesome! I love the ride, perfect for a Daily Driver/Canyon Runner.
Grateful Dave is offline   Reply With Quote