Old 01-09-2024, 02:53 PM   #5
alex87f
Meow

Drives: GT86, Volvo 996
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
Mini's are apparently super fun, obviously it'll be a bit different than the twins, as well its a FWD chassis.

The larger not-so-mini minis (Clubman, Countryman) seems to lose a bit of its mini-ness so... dunno to what extent (nor do i know what the baseline could be, but should still be super fun as a mini always seems to be).
They'll feel largely BMW as well since the F54 is using the BMW UKL FWD chassis, and alot of its interior bits are taken from the BMW parts bin. This is a good thing as the first generation of these new minis were....shite (and used an FCW/Stellantis engine)

I was actually thinking about a countryman at some point (a dad-mobile like yourself, to replace the 86) but wifey wasnt a fan lol. Plus i think the X1 we have feels close enough to it, and is bigger and more practical.
Yeah sounds like I need to get out there and test drive a couple of 'em.
I'd want a FWD one, not keen on the AWD system as it's effectively dead weight 99% of the time.

Is your X1 the RWD version? Looks like there are some 3.0 turbo ones, hmm that would be really dumb but really fun as well !
alex87f is offline   Reply With Quote